When you open your eyes and the morning sun paints with this light the walls of your room…
… and when you lift the shade you find this terrace that calls you … “Come, enjoy this sunny morning” …
You can not but accept the offer and go out… with “something to eat” …
Breakfast was a piece of the pie I made for dinner we organized on Saturday at home with friends.
The recipe is the same as the chocolate cake with strawberries, but in this case instead of covering it with chocolate I made it with a buttercream that, in the opinion of the guests, was very good. It´s not the first time anyone asks me the recipe and even some people have confessed that they would eat with a spoon … So, I decided to prepare this post to explain how you can make it, because it´s a mixture of several recipes that I’ve found over there …
The buttercream you will love. Recipe
- 250 ml whole milk
- 40-50 g flour (about 5 Tbsp)
- 200 g de powdered sugar
- 220 g de butter
- Whatever you like… strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries,… or just some drops of vanilla essence. To make this cake I used about 300 g strawberries.
1. Dissolve flour in milk and place over medium heat. Stir until obtaining a thick dough.
2. Add the sugar and heat it in a bain-marie (water bath)
3. Chop the strawberries (or fruit you have chosen) and beat them. Pour into a saucepan, heat over medium heat until boiling and keep boiling for about 10 minutes. This way, some water will evaporate and the flavor of the fruit will be more concentrated.
3′ In the case of vanilla buttercream, we must allow to warm the mixture of point 2, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract (or more if we want a more intense flavor) and go to step 5.
4. Add the concentrate fruit puree to the mixture of point 2 and let cool.
5. Beat the butter and add the above mixture (warm). Continue beating until creamy and smooth.
.. and ready! … A buttercream everybody likes, which can be used with any dessert and that, besides the flavor, has other advantages:
- You use less sugar and less butter than with the classic recipes of buttercream.
- No eggs are used. Some recipes add egg whites but it´s an ingredient that does not give me much confidence, especially in summer.
- The texture is very soft. The sugar melts when you heat it with milk and flour and you can not feel the grains. In the classic recipe, sugar is added directly to the butter and beat, people who know how to do this can obtain a great texture but it is not easy to get it.
Enjoy it … and if you prepare it, please come back here and tell me if you liked it